A step by step list of how our adoption process works and the timeline you can expect for the adoption of your new family member.
- View adoptable pets.
- If you find a cat you are interested in, complete and submit an adoption application. Do not submit more than one application per household.
- Someone from our team will review your application within 48 hours and begin the screening process (contact vet, references, landlord etc).
- Once your application is screened, someone will reach out to you to schedule a meet and greet with the pet(s)! Meet and greets will typically be in the foster home of the pet.
- If you love the pet(s), they love you, and we think it's a good match, we will schedule a home visit. The home visits are simple, we just want to ensure that the home is a safe place for the animal to live. The visits are not intrusive and are usually very brief.
- The adoption fee is paid. This fee varies per animal and is payable by cash, check (made out to CJPaws, Inc.) or credit card via the OneTime Donation link on our website.
- Once the adoption fee is paid, we will arrange a time to finalize the adoption.
- During the adoption, you will sign an adoption contract, receive all of the pet’s medical records, and pose for a “going home” photo.
- After adoption we encourage adopters to send us photographs and updates now and then as we love to see our animals thriving in their new homes.
*If an application is denied, you will receive an email notification of the denial. We do not disclose the reason(s) for disapproval.
Welcome to the CJPAWS family!
Available for Adoption
Here you will find all of the animals in the care of CJPaws, Inc. who are up for adoption. Some are currently ready for their forever homes and others have a date they will be ready by. Please contact us with any questions.