CJPaws Adoption Procedures
- Find a cat (or cats) you wish to visit by visiting our adoptable pets pages. If the pet is still listed on our website, it is still available for adoption.
- Fill out the application for the pet(s) and submit it.
- Someone from our team will contact you within 24 hours to let you know that your application was recieved.
- Within 2 business days (weekends do not count), you will be notified if you have been approved or not approved. If you do not get approved, we apologize, but we do not disclose the reasons behind non-approval.
- Schedule a meet and greet with the pet(s)! Come visit the pet(s) at their foster home, or at our Petsmart location, or we will bring the pet(s) to you.
- If you love the pet(s), they love you, and we think it's a good match, we will schedule a home visit. The home visits are simple, we just want to ensure that the home is a safe place for the animal to live. The visits are not intrusive and are usually very brief.
- The adoption fee is paid. This fee varies per animal and is payable by cash, check (made out to CJPaws, Inc.) or by PayPal. We cannot accept card payments at this time.
- We bring the pet(s) to you, or you come and pick them up from the foster home or the Petsmart location.
- We email you the digital vet records for the adopted pet(s) and check in now and then. We encourage photographs and updates, we love to see our animals thrive!
- At 6 months, there is another home visit, to check on the home and the pet(s). Another home visit is done at 1 year.